Part one – 14:00 – 16:10 – Chaired by Professor Karol Sikora, Chief Medical Officer at the Rutherford Cancer Centres
- 14:00 – John Pettingell, Chief Physicist & Head of Radiotherapy – A Network of Cyclotrons – Enabling Patient Choice & Overcoming Challenges: A review into proton beam matching, cyclotrons and an explanation of successfully mastering the operational management of transferring patients between Rutherford centres, without compromising the patient experience.
- `14:15 – Professor Roger Taylor, Consultant Clinical Oncologist: A view on patient brain cases.
- 14:40 – Professor Barrett Lee,Consultant Clinical Oncologist: On IMC and proton therapy treated breast cases.
- 15:10 – Dr Bart Kurec, Consultant Clinical Oncologist: A review of proton therapy cases on the newly added Bupa indicator; Lymphoma.
- `15:40 – Dr Shanmugasundaram Ramkumar: An exploration of results and outcomes for upper and lower GI cases.
- 16:10 – Event break: (Interval – 15 Minutes)
Part two – 16:25 – 19:30 – Chaired by Professor Roger Taylor, Consultant Clinical Oncologist and Senior Clinical Advisor at the Rutherford Cancer Centre in South Wales
- 16:25 – Prostate focus with Dr Jason Lester, Consultant Clinical Oncologist: The part two session will kick off with a comparative talk from Dr Jason Lester, reviewing prostate cases and patient outcomes.
- 16:55 – Dr Russell Banner, Consultant Clinical Oncologist: A discussion about treating head and neck cases.
- 17:25 – Dr Lauren Evans, Head of Radiotherapy Innovations: A Rutherford Innovations overview. Learn how Rutherford Innovations research could change the way that healthcare professionals work to benefit patients.
- 17:45 – Dr Owen Nicholas, South West Wales Cancer Centre, Swansea NHS: A live discussion and updates on proton therapy EU trials and research being completed in collaboration with Rutherford.
- 18:25 – International guest speaker, Dr Alexander Linn, Medical Director of the proton facility at University of Pennsylvania (UPENN), Philadelphia: Looking to the future of proton therapy treatment.
- 19:10 – Discussion: Opportunity to ask questions.
- 19:30 – Event closes
Attend this event:
This is an online event for Consultant Clinical Oncologists who have an interest in the latest findings and clinical outcomes for patients treated with proton therapy. To sign up, just click the button below!
Microsoft Teams will be used to host this event. Join us for the duration of the event or for sessions of interest.
- Event participation is CPD Accredited. Certificates will be sent via email following the event.
- The agenda for this event is subject to change.
- Spaces for this event are offered on a first-come, first-served basis.